· Have a map on hand or have a GPS attached to your car or mobile phone. These are powerful tools that will help you get to where you want to go without asking anybody for directions and will save you enough time to explore your destination. So if these tools can help you go wherever you want to go, it will also help you go back to where your hotel is located.
· Make sure to carry sufficient amount of cash in your pocket. Always try to tuck enough cash in your pocket or purse since there is no assurance that the stores or other establishments that you will go to allow other payment modes such as credit cards and travelers cheques. Smaller bills help, too, when it comes to shopping.
· Leave your travel documents at the hotel. You don’t need to carry your passport around when you travel around your destination. Leave it at your hotel where it will be safe and just bring a photo copy of your passport since that will be enough in it needs to be presented as a for of identification.
· Be aware at all times. It goes without saying that you shouldn’t easily trust people you’ve just met. Some people, especially when they know that you’re a tourist tend to take advantage of you and are tempted to mislead you into getting into risky situations. Be cautious and observant especially if you are travelling alone. Common sense and street smarts are your best allies when travelling.
· Having a copy of your travel agent or hotel’s number will keep you on the right track. Having the contact number of your travel agent and/or the hotel you’re staying at is very important in case problems occur when you’re out and about. Usually, business cards from hotels have directions on how to get to the hotel printed in the back portion, and are more often than not translated in the country’s local language. In case you are lost or being inconvenienced in your destination, your travel agent or hotel can resolve the situation for you and prevent it from happening again.
Travelling is all about attitude. Whether you’re just going out of town or taking an 18-hour flight, the little details along the way make all the difference in making your trip the best experience that it can be. For more information, call our toll-free number 1-866-2-MANILA or visit us at www.mangotours.com.