Here’s a checklist to keep in mind before you pack your bags:
- TRANSPORTATION. Your travel mode will dictate your choice of bags to an extent, as different kinds of transport provide you varying amounts of space for your belongings. Space restrictions vary between land, sea and air travels. Be sure to know how much space you’re allotted and how much weight you’re allowed to carry in your luggage to avoid paying for excess baggage fees and baggage loss or damage when you travel.
- DURATION. How long you are going away for should also be another obvious deciding factor in what luggage to take. A weekend trip may only require a small overnight bag as you will not be taking anywhere near the amount of belongings you would if you were going away for three weeks or so. Packing light is always the safe bet regardless of the duration of your trip.
- ACCOMMODATION. Where will you be staying when you get to your destination? You will have to store your bags when you get there so this is something you need to think about in advance. You will need bags which lock and are not so easy to get into if you are staying at a place where security measures are inadequate. Do your homework when researching for places to stay at in your destination of choice. Keep your belongings safe by staying somewhere safe.
- WHY BUY WHEN YOU CAN BORROW? Thinking about how often you go on your travels is necessary as buying new bags can be costly nowadays. If this is your first journey and you are not planning to go away again in the near future, simply borrow a bag from a friend or family member. However, if you intend to continue to do a lot of traveling, you may find it more convenient to have luggage of your own.
- QUALITY MATTERS. You should always think about the quality of your luggage as well as the size. Bags can sometimes take a bit of a beating when being thrown around in the handling process of travel. Choose the more durable kind of luggage which will be able to cope with any conditions it may be subjected to throughout your many journeys.
Keep these tips handy the next time you drive, jet set or sail away to your next destination. At Mango Tours, we offer the best and cheapest travel deals to Manila and beyond, as well as traveler-friendly tips and tricks. For more information, call our toll-free number 1-866-2-MANILA or visit us at www.mangotours.com.